International Photography Contest
Subject: “Axios – Ludias – Aliakmonas Deltas: an uknown treasure”
The Authority for the Management of the Protected Area of Axios – Ludias – Aliakmonas Deltas and the Photography Center of Thessaloniki, aiming at highlighting the mentioned protected area and raising environmental awereness on its ecological values, proclaim an international photography competition with the subject “Axios – Ludias – Aliakmonas Deltas: an uknown treasure”.
The photographers are invited to visit and photograph the area which extends to 320 sq.klms and consists of the Axios and Aliakmonas Deltas, the Gallikos and Ludias Estuaries, the Kalohori Lagoon and the Kitros Saltmarsh. The area is protected by European legislation (is a member of the Natura 2000 network) and international conventions (Ramsar Convention). Its wetldands provide the locals with irreplaceable natural resources and the fauna and flaura with a hospitable haven. More than 200 species of birds can be observed here, many of which rare or threatened.
No technical, colour or other limitations are set by the organizing committee, the contestants are invited to impress with their personal look.
Terms of the contest.
● Participation in the contest is free. Any professional or amateur photographer may submit photographs, with no discrimination whatsoever.
● Any interested individual may enter the contest with a portfolio, single photographs or a series of photographs.
● All images should be submitted (by post or in person) only at the following address:
Foreas Diahirisis Delta Axiou – Ludia - Aliakmona
(To the attention of: Photography Contest)
Submission deadline: 31-08-2008 (postmark)
● The jury panel shall consist of representatives of the Authority of Management and of the Photography Center, and of one accomplished photographer.
● The judgement of the jury panel shall be final. No objection or other claim shall be accepted.
● Each photograph must be printed on paper size of at least 20×25 cm. At the back of each photograph (even if it is part of a series) the following information should be written: title of the photograph (if any); location where the photograph was taken; the photographer’s full name, address, phone number and e-mail address (if any). Also, for the needs of the catalogue, the photographs should be sent in digital archives of the same size, in resolution 300 dpi.
● Languages: Greek, English
● The submitted material shall not be returned.
● The images to be selected by the jury panel shall become the main part of a large photography exhibition that will be initially
presented in the city of Thessaloniki and subsequently in other locations inside and outside Greece. The first exhibition of the photographs shall begin in the first week of October 2008.
● The expenses for the exhibition of the images shall be borne by the organizer.
● At least 60 of the prize-winning photographs of the exhibition shall be included in a luxurious catalogue / album, which shall be sent to all prize-winning photographers.
● 13 of the photographs shall be included in a 2008 calendar to be published by the Authority of Management of the Protected Area of Axios – Ludias – Aliakmonas Deltas.
● Additional prizes shall be announced very shortly. The prizes shall be awarded at a special ceremony.
● The contest results shall be announced on the internet and made known to all participants.
● The copyright of the catalogue and calendar belongs to the Botanical Garden of Stavroupoli. The copyright of the individual photographs belongs to the photographers.
● All works may be used to publicize the contest and its goals in any medium and in any manner. The contest participants are not entitled to any remuneration whatsoever.
● Participation in the contest means the unconditional acceptance of all terms referred above.
Authority for the Management of the Protected Area of Axios – Ludias – Aliakmonas Deltas -
Photography Center of Thessaloniki